- Test Center must conform to local building, sanitation & health codes, as well as meet ADA requirements
- Building and grounds must be clean and in good condition
- Exits must be clearly marked and unobstructed
- Fire extinguishers required and in working order, location well marked and easily accessible
- Emergency exits must be clearly identified and clear of obstructions
- First-Aid kits must be stocked and easily accessible
- Restrooms must be located in the same building as the testing center
- Restrooms must be clean, supplied with necessary items, and in working order
- Adequate parking must be available near the testing center location
Test Room Physical Space
- Test room must be large enough to comfortably place testing stations and chairs
- Testing terminals must be arranged so that an applicant cannot view a computer monitor at one of the other work stations. Partitions are required between each workstation.
- Test station table surface must be large enough to accommodate the monitor, keyboard, mouse pad and applicable testing materials. A recommended size would be 42″ x 36″.
- Testing area must be located so candidate will not be disturbed by foot traffic, loud conversation or outside noise.
- Testing room shall be free from any other activity during testing sessions; during non-testing time, the testing room may be available for other uses.
Test Room Environment
- Temperature must be consistent and comfortable
- Test room must be well-ventilated, with continuous air circulation
- Test room must be lit so that each candidate can read all diagrams, charts, etc., and read the computer screen with no glare.
Security and Surveillance
- Testing must take place in a separate room with a closable door
- Proctor station and printer must be located outside of the testing room
- Video surveillance system must provide 100% surveillance during testing session and include a DVR w/30 day retention
- Testing room door must be lockable, restricting any unauthorized access
- All testing material must be secured when not in use
- The testing room may be used for other purposes when not being used for testing
Equipment and Supplies
- Copy machine or scanner to provide copies of candidate IDs and test eligibility documents
- A locking file cabinet to secure test materials and candidate documents
- Ream of clean paper to be issued to candidate, if applicable, and pencils