Develop the knowledge and skills needed to become a qualified assessor, a qualified interviewer and to purchase simulation exercises. This course is suitable for those who have some experience of assessment and development centres.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Explain the key principles of Assessment & Development Centres
- Understand how unconscious bias can affect objectivity and how to manage and mitigate it
- Describe the components of a typical Competency and recognise appropriate positive and negative behavioural indicators
- Identify different types of Assessment/Development Centre Exercise and the competencies typically assessed by each
- Demonstrate their ability to complete the Behavioural Assessment Process (Observe, Record, Classify and Evaluate – or ORCE) effectively for a variety of Exercises
- Prepare, deliver and assess a structured competency based interview
- Prepare and present their candidate data in accurate behavioural terms, supported by relevant examples for inclusion in a data integration discussion
- Write a candidate report outlining strengths and development needs against individual Competencies and Exercise Types
- Prepare for and run a face to face feedback session of average difficulty.