In recent years the positive impact of coaching has become better evidenced and widely accepted in organisations of all kinds. There is increasing demand for credible, effective and emotionally intelligent coaching from independent practitioners and from professionals within organisations such as HR or L&D teams. Further, leaders at all levels are widely expected to adopt coaching as part of their day-to-day leadership approach.
Coaching with Emotional Intelligence shares the insights, approaches and skills honed over thousands of hours of coaching and coach training delivered by PSI consultants. Whether you are an experienced independent coach looking to give greater emphasis to EI in your practise, or a new-to-role leader learning about coaching for the first time, the programme will enrich your personal and professional development journey as you join a growing community of practitioners offering Coaching with Emotional Intelligence.
The Coaching with EI programme is designed to meet exacting European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) standards and completion supports participants in applying for European Individual Accreditation.
By attending the Coaching with Emotional Intelligence programme, you will become a more confident, capable and experienced coach, working with greater Emotional Intelligence to help your coachees achieve their potential. The programme takes a blended approach, structured into a five-month journey, and comprising of online learning, engaging workshops, coaching practise and feedback, and reflective learning through written assignments and supervision.
Successful completion of the programme enables you to apply for individual accreditation with the EMCC.
Who will benefit?
- Professionals in fields such as Human Resources, Learning & Development, Organisation Development, Training, Change Management, with responsibilities for people performance and development.
- Leaders wanting to use a coaching approach more often, and more skilfully, in their roles to raise performance, enhance organisational climate and increase engagement.
- Experienced coaches and consultants wanting to work with greater Emotional Intelligence to build stronger client relationships and help change stick.
- Anyone who is interested in gaining an internationally recognised qualification encompassing the attitudes, awareness and skills required for effective coaching, aligned to Emotional Intelligence principles which promote wellbeing, strengthen relationships and drive sustainable high performance.
- Seven principles for Coaching with Emotional Intelligence.
- The qualities, values and attitudes of a great coach.
- How the coach’s own personality, values and application of Emotional Intelligence inform their coaching relationships and practises.
- How to listen actively and with empathy.
- How to ask questions that raise awareness, deepen insight and inspire action.
- How to work with coachees’ feelings, attitudes, values and defences.
- How to structure and manage coaching conversations.
- How to offer feedback that enhances performance and builds mutual regard.
- How to manage the coaching process, from enquiry through to evaluation.
On completion of the programme participants will be awarded a certificate in Coaching with Emotional Intelligence. This programme is designed to meet the exacting standards of the EMCC. Completion enables fast-track application for European Individual Accreditation’.