This course will enable delegates to manage all aspects of an Assessment or Development Centre, from creating an internal policy through to validating the outcomes of the Centre itself.
The course provides experienced Assessors with the skills required to design and implement Assessment or Development Centres.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Describe the different stages and components required to design and manage a successful Assessment or Development Centre.
- Choose appropriate Exercises and associated instrumentation and create a Competency-Exercise Matrix
- Design an overall Centre timetable and build appropriate Participant, Assessor and Roleplayer schedules
- Describe the process of exercise design in terms of key stages and design considerations
- Identify the resources required to run an effective Assessment or Development Centre
- Design Assessor Training and provide support to Assessors on the Centre to ensure a high degree of accuracy and consistency in their assessments
- Chair a data integration session to achieve timely and fair assessments for all Participants and to resolve typical issues that may arise
- Incorporate ‘best practice’ recommendations to address issues such as trialling, piloting, diversity and validation.
This module is endorsed by the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) and approved by the British Psychological Society (BPS) for the purposes of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).