VirtualAC™ simulates an online desktop environment, enabling you to deliver highly immersive and interactive business simulation exercises to select and develop your staff. Using VirtualAC, candidates will be asked to respond to information and issues presented in a variety of formats, such as emails, video messages, voicemails, calendar items, documents and organisation charts. Using the simulated online desktop, participants can be asked to respond to emails, write documents or reports and schedule meetings in their calendar.
We have a wide choice of 38 ready-to-use exercises covering a range of levels and competencies, including analysis exercises (case studies), day-in-the-life and inbox exercises. Find out more about the ready-to-use VirtualAC exercises we have on offer by visiting our AC-EXS assessment catalogue.
Visit our AC-EXS Assessment Catalogue
VirtualAC is a completely flexible Software as a Service (SaaS) platform, so we can work with you to develop and upload a customised or completely bespoke exercise tailored to your needs. Or if you have your own exercises, VirtualAC can host those too!
Why use VirtualAC?
- Saving you time and money – You can administer and mark exercises quickly and easily online using our streamlined marking system, which incorporates our SmartScoring formula which can cut assessor marking time by a third compared to paper-based marking.
- Convenient and flexible – We have a range of exercises that don’t require role players, meaning the assessments can take place at the candidate’s convenience and in any location where an internet connection is available, giving you a fast process with global consistency. Candidates and assessors can be in different locations or even a different country, saving on travel costs.
- Helping you make high quality decisions – Virtual simulations present realistic working challenges and require the participants to demonstrate key behaviours important for success in the job. They let you see the participant in action and provide powerful evidence of an individual’s capabilities, ensuring you identify the right people.
- Giving you choice – You can deliver a range of business simulations through our highly flexible platform. Ask the participant to complete an inbox exercise, an analysis report or a full virtual Assessment Centre that incorporates several different activities. Use our comprehensive range of ready-to-use AC-EXS® simulations, or a customised or bespoke exercise.
- Host your own exercises – The platform has been built as a Software as a Service (SaaS) application, so if you have your own exercises, these can be uploaded onto VirtualAC.
- Promoting your employer brand – Virtual simulations provide an engaging and immersive assessment experience for the participant as well as a realistic job preview, presenting a positive image of your employer brand.
VirtualAC webinar recording
Watch our webinar recording to learn more about how VirtualAC can help you to create an immersive assessment experience for your candidates:
Watch Webinar Recording
Virtual day-in-the-life exercises
Virtual day-in-the-life exercises enable a comprehensive assessment of a candidate across multiple activities and competencies, including inbox exercises, analysis exercises and role plays.
Virtual Day-in-the-Life Exercises
“In the last month we have assessed around 100 candidates using the Online Written Analysis Exercise option and the Inbox option. We have found that clients really enjoy it as it speeds up the assessment process and it demands less time from them in terms of booking out accommodation in order to carry out “hard copy’ assessment exercises. Candidates find the exercises challenging but they “feel real.” The Inbox is very much like the real thing. Where clients are using this online option they find it allows them to focus on other aspects of the assessment process when the candidates actually appear in front of them. We are very excited about this online development.”
– Colin Moreland FCIPD, Head of Assessment & Development (Scotland & Northern Ireland), Capita