Will I still be required to wear a facemask in the test center even though restrictions are easing?
Facemasks are optional and may be worn by employees and test takers within PSI test sites.
Has PSI implemented new procedures or protocols for test takers and PSI employees?
- Employees are being provided face masks, hand sanitizers, and antibacterial wipes. The face masks provided at PSI test sites are for PSI employees only.
- Test takers are required to bring their own facemasks to the PSI test site if they choose to wear one.
- Test takers may also wear gloves if they choose.
- Test takers will need to discard face masks and gloves outside of the PSI test site in a safe and sanitary manner.
What should I do if I am positive for COVID-19 or recently exposed?
What should I do if I don’t feel well; what authority will the Test Center Administrator have regarding my exam?
If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, congestion, runny nose, nausea, diarrhea, or headache) contact PSI to discuss what options may be available regarding your appointment by emailing email@example.com or by phone. Test Center Administrators are authorized to use their best judgment, and they will be allowed to turn a test taker away due to concerns as a result of displayed symptoms.
If I’m turned away from the test site on the day of my examination because of symptoms I display, how long before I can reschedule my examination?
PSI recommends your next exam appointment be five (5) or more days away. The reason for being turned away will be noted in your test taker record, and you may email or call PSI for assistance in rescheduling your exam.
What sanitation measures are being taken at the test site for test takers and PSI employees?
Test Center Administrators have been instructed to disinfect all equipment using antibacterial wipes.
All high-touch areas will be sanitized by the TCAs. These areas will include, but are not limited to:
- Chair handles
- Test administrator’s check-in station
- Door handles
Will I be permitted to do my own sanitization of the work area before beginning my exam?
Yes. You will be able to do any or all the following:
- Request antibacterial wipes from the Test Center Administrator
- Sanitize the work area
Will PSI adhere to safe distancing guidelines at the test sites?
Yes. PSI has been proactive in reviewing safe distancing guidelines and ensuring that best practices are being implemented including:
- Reduction of the number of test takers who will be permitted in the lobby for check-in and avoiding physical contact
If a TCA is not feeling well, what is PSI’s stance on that individual coming to work?
PSI has taken the position that if a TCA is not feeling well, they are to stay at home.
Are there specific protocols for the test sites as related to COVID-19?
- Please do not touch or approach the TCA and maintain the necessary distance required by the TCA.
- If you have a question/concern, please raise your hand and a TCA will assist you with your queries.
- Wash/sanitize your hand thoroughly prior to TCA interaction.
- Cover your face while coughing, and sneezing during check-in, testing and check-out.
If a test taker fails to adhere to these protocols, the TCA is authorized to request the test taker to leave the test site and reschedule their exam.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or clarifications.