Why choose multi-modal testing?
Most credentialing organizations operate in a highly competitive and constantly changing environment. The ability to extend your reach, expand your markets and drive revenue opportunities is essential for future success. In these challenging conditions, a flexible approach to online testing is vital.
With a multi-modal solution, candidates are able to access assessments from a range of options:
At a physical test center
In their own home
At their place of work
At a temporary testing location
Depending on the specific needs of your testing program, assessments can be delivered with:
- On-premise proctors at a testing location
- Professional remote proctors, for either live or record & review proctoring
- Flexible combinations of these technologies and testing locations
Is testing comparable across different modalities?
PSI has been delivering multi-modal testing since 2016 with many leading organizations, so this form of testing is not a recent trend. However, many credentialing organizations adopted multi-modal testing in response to COVID-19. This gives us an unprecedented ability to examine trends across multiple programs. The large-scale migration to online assessment provides a wealth of data that strongly supports the adoption of multi-modal testing. Clearly demonstrating:
- The overwhelming majority of candidates are interested in multi-modal options
- Satisfaction ratings remain high, regardless of the modality selected
- Mean scores and pass rates are comparable across modalities
- There is no increase in malpractice across different modalities
Download our infographic to discover insights from our 2020 testing programs.