How do I schedule an exam?
- Go to http://learn.hortonworks.com/ and click Sign In
- Create your account and log in
- Search for the Exam you wish to schedule, for example “HCA”, and click on the Exam when it appears in the search results
- Click on the “Purchase” button when the Exam Description page appears and complete the order process
- The Exam page will appear, click the link that contains the name of your exam
- Click the “Continue to PSI” button, and you will be redirected to examslocal.com
- You need to create an account at www.examslocal.com (Use the same email address you used to register for with at learn.hortonworks.com). Once you are registered and logged in, select “Schedule an Exam”, and then enter “Hortonworks” in the “Search Here” field to locate and select the specific exam you want to register for.
Can I attempt a Hortonworks Certification exam from anywhere?
Yes. All you need is a webcam and good Internet access.
What are the minimum requirements of my computer?
The exam environment uses a remote display with a resolution of 1600 x 900. Before starting the exam, candidates should configure a monitor resolution larger than 1600 x 900. Candidates should also use the PSI compatibility check tool at the following URL prior to starting an exam: https://www.examslocal.com/ScheduleExam/Home/CompatibilityCheck
Am I allowed access to documentation?
Yes. Candidates for the HDPCD exam are provided access to the Pig, Hive, Sqoop and Flume documentation pages. Candidates for the HDPCA exam are provided access to the HPD 2.3 documentation pages.
Do you provide a practice exam?
Yes. Hortonworks highly encourages candidates to attempt the corresponding practice exam. The practice exam contains sample tasks similar to those on the actual exam and uses the same environment. The details of how to take the HDPCD practice exam can be found here: http://hortonworks.com/training/class/hdp-certified-developer-hdpcd-exam/.
How do I reschedule or cancel an Exam Reservation?
If you need to reschedule an exam, you must cancel it and sign up for a new one. If you purchased your exam using a credit card, your card will be refunded the exam amount. Sign in at https://www.examslocal.com/, click on “My Exams“, click on your scheduled exam and use the cancellation option. Email PSI at email@example.com, or call +1-888-504-9178, +1-312-612-1049 for additional support.
What is the cancellation policy for my scheduled exam?
Exams must be canceled at least 24 hours before the scheduled exam time. Failing to cancel within this time period will result in forfeiture of exam fees, and your exam credit will be considered used.
How can I retrieve a forgotten password?
To retrieve a forgotten password please visit: https://www.examslocal.com/Account/LostPassword
What will happen if I do not show up for my exam?
By not showing up to your exam reservation on time, you will be marked as a no-show for the exam. No-shows forfeit the money paid for an exam, and you will need to pay for a new exam registration.
What do I need on the day of my exam?
- One form of government issued photo identification (i.e. driver’s license, passport). Any international passport or government issued form of identification must contain Western (English) characters. You will be required to provide a means of photo identification before the exam can be launched. If acceptable proof of identification is not provided to the proctor prior to the exam, entry to the exam will be refused. You must also consent to having your photo taken. The ID will be used for identity verification only and will not be stored. The proctor cannot release the exam to you until identification has been successfully verified and you have agreed to the terms and conditions of the exam. No refund or rescheduling is provided when an exam cannot be started due to failure to provide proper identification.
- A monitor with screen resolution larger than 1600 x 900.
- A computer that meets the minimum requirements provided within the compatibility check: https://www.examslocal.com/ScheduleExam/Home/Compatibility Check
How do I launch my exam?
To start your exam, login at https://www.examslocal.com/, click “My Exams”, and follow the instructions after selecting the exam that you want to start.
At what time should I launch my exam?
You may start your exam up to 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. You MUST start your exam no later than 15 minutes after your scheduled start time. If you do not start your exam within 15 minutes of your scheduled start time, the system will automatically mark you as a No-Show and you will not be able to take your exam.
Will the proctor be able to access my computer or its contents?
PSI does not install any software on your computer for this exam and, therefore, does not have any access to your computer or its contents. The only access PSI has to your computer is the webcam and desktop sharing facilitated by your web browser. However, please note that PSI does provide a virtual lockdown browser system that utilizes secure communications and encryption. Upon the completion of the exam all proctor “view-only access” is automatically removed.
How long do I have to complete the exam?
You have 120 minutes (2 hours) to complete the exam.
When does the timer begin?
The timer for your exam does not start until the proctor has launched the exam.
When can I expect to receive the results of my exam?
Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your exam results via e-mail from Hortonworks. If after 5 business days you still have not received your results please contact Hortonworks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
If I pass the exam, what type of certificate do I receive?
As an HDP Certified Professional, you will receive a digital badge that verifies your certification. Display this badge proudly on your résumé, LinkedIn profile, email signature, forums, etc.
If I fail an exam, how soon can I retake it?
After you have been emailed the results of your exam, then you can register and take the exam again. You cannot register for a new exam until after you receive the results of the most recent attempt.
- Cluster End-State Policy:
- At the end of your examination the HDP cluster must be fully operational, with the exception of any service in maintenance mode
- If services are not running it will result in a grade of failure
- Exam Review Policy:
- Students who fail their exams have a maximum of 14 days to seek a review
- A manual review will be conducted to determine if the exam was graded correctly
- Details on individual task pass/fail will not be provided, this protects exam integrity