Using our VirtualAC™ platform, participants are asked to respond to information that is presented through a variety of formats, such as emails, video messages, voicemails, calendar items, documents and organization charts. This ‘Day-in-the-Life’ format provides an immersive candidate experience, whilst allowing for a comprehensive assessment of a candidate across multiple exercises and competencies.
Each Virtual Day-in-the-Life Exercise includes three components:
- Inbox – each email represents a typical daily work issue, varying in importance and complexity.
- Analysis exercise – Verbal and numerical information is analyzed by the participant who will then report their conclusions and recommendations.
- Roleplay – Participants take part in a performance management meeting with a direct report or colleague (over the phone or via Skype).
Assessors can mark the participant’s exercise online using our structured marking system, leave comments about their performance and our SmartScoring™ formula can suggest a rating automatically for each competency being assessed.
Once marking is completed, you can generate a PDF Assessor Report on demand, summarising an individual’s performance on the exercise.
Why use Virtual Day-in-the-Life Exercises
- Saving you time and money – administer and mark exercises quickly and easily in any location, giving you a fast process with global consistency.
- Helping you make high-quality decisions – akin to an online assessment centre, the multiple exercise format allows you to comprehensively assess the Participant on key competencies for your given role.
- Promoting your employer brand – Virtual Day-in-the-Life Exercises provide an engaging, immersive, and realistic assessment experience for the Participant, enhancing your employer brand.
- Tailored to your needs – Convert your existing exercises to be delivered virtually through the platform or new exercises can be built based on your organisation’s requirements and the job in question.
Exercises currently available
Strides Customer Engagement Manager – Level C (First Line Management)
Set within a luxury international gym and health club chain, the Participant assumes the role of the newly-appointed Customer Engagement Manager within the Marketing team.
Golden Square – Level D (Middle Management)
This exercise is set within Professional Services firm, Golden Square. The Participant assumes the role of a newly-appointed Senior Manager.
GC Regional Manager – Level D (Middle Management)
In this exercise, the Participant assumes the role of the newly-appointed Regional Commercial Manager for Groupe Chamont, an international manufacturer of soft drinks.
Seigo’s Head of Strategic Change – Level E (Executive and Senior Management)
Within this day-in-the-life exercise, the Participant assumes the role of the newly-appointed Head of Strategic Change at Seigo, an international toy manufacturing company.